Friday, July 15, 2011

Mini Book Review: I am Tama, Lucky Cat by Wendy Henrichs

Title: I am Tama, Lucky Cat
Author: Wendy Henrichs & Yoshiko Jaeggi (Illustrator)
Genre: Children's Books
Subject: Legends, Japan, Cats
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers
Release date: August 1, 2011
Length: 32 pages
I got this book: From the publisher for review through NetGalley 

Summary: This is a tale of the legend of the Maneki Neko (Lucky Cat) from Japan.

Personal opinion: As a lover of Japanese culture, I was drawn to this story and was very happy that I was able to review this. I like the Maneki Neko statues but I never had heard or read a story behind it. Of course I knew what the Maneki Neko stands for, but reading a tale behind it makes it more real. The story is cute and richly illustrated. I adored the illustrations. They are colorful and tell the tale without even reading the words. I would have loved to own a book like this when I was younger. I think this is a great book for young children, even for those who can't read yet.


I liked it!



Purchase Link: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment