Monday, March 21, 2011

Gratitude

One of the homework assignments from this time was to write 2 things every day to be grateful for. You only had to make a list, but for me that felt so plain. I wanted to do more then just write a list. I wanted to make a setting that contributed to celebrate the things to be thankful for. I used my A4 dummy for this and made a 2 page spread in a spring theme.

I painted the background with acrylics and pasted some pages from a flower themed letter set. I had these letter stickers and tulip images for decoration. Lastly I drew some tulips myself on the pages. I have borrowed a book on how to draw flowers and leaves into mandalas from the library last week and I used that as an example.
I loved making these pages. It feels good to write the things to be grateful for on these pages. I think it adds to the positivity this powerful exercise brings. I feel that taking a moment to realize what things there are to be grateful for, is already powerful on its own but even more so when you can look back on it later. I think it brings a light in lesser days. And even on those days there are things to be thankful for, no matter how small. Do you take the time to realize what you are thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's good to think back of the little things, aye.. people take too much for granted sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete